dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Social security gave me a payment verification stating I get

Customer Question

Social security gave me a payment verification stating I get $1464 per month with .no deductions. I checked my Direct Express deposits and found$1414 is deposited each month, which is $50 less than my social security notification notice states. The wotker at the San Louis Obispo, Ca S.S. office not only wouldn't give me a copyof paperwork showing the $50 is for payback, she wouldn't even let me see it. that's MY money. Something just is not right. I believe I'm getting ripped off by somebody. I want my money.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

When you say "payback", is there some offset you are aware of that it COULD be? I.e. child support, alimony, overpayment of prior benefits, federal debt, school loan, etc? I ask because you indicate you had a conversation about a payback being in the picture.