Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Social security gave me a payment verification stating I get…

Customer Question
Social security gave me a...
Social security gave me a payment verification stating I get $1464 per month with .no deductions. I checked my Direct Express deposits and found$1414 is deposited each month, which is $50 less than my social security notification notice states. The wotker at the San Louis Obispo, Ca S.S. office not only wouldn't give me a copyof paperwork showing the $50 is for payback, she wouldn't even let me see it. that's MY money. Something just is not right. I believe I'm getting ripped off by somebody. I want my money.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
3/9/2016
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 2 years ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

When you say "payback", is there some offset you are aware of that it COULD be? I.e. child support, alimony, overpayment of prior benefits, federal debt, school loan, etc? I ask because you indicate you had a conversation about a payback being in the picture.