Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I hold a power of attorney step-mother who is currently

Customer Question
I hold a power of...
I hold a power of attorney for property for my step-mother who is currently receiving US social security payments. She has recently been admitted to a long-term care facility and vacated her premises. I would like to register a change of address for her and have her correspondence sent to my home mailing address. I need to know what documentation Social Security requires to make this happen and where I have to send it once I have it all on hand.
Thanks,
Richard ****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
3/8/2016
Social Security Expert: PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law

Social Security Administration does not recognize Power of Attorney. If you want to act on her behalf, you must complete an application to be appointed her Representative. If your application is approved, then you can establish online account with Social Security Administration or contact Social Security Administration to make the changes. Click on the link below for Appointment of Representative form:

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-1696.html

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-1696.pdf

https://www.ssa.gov/agency/contact/

https://faq.ssa.gov/ics/support/kbanswer.asp?QuestionID=3704

PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law