How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19109
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hold a power of attorney step-mother who is currently

Customer Question

I hold a power of attorney for property for my step-mother who is currently receiving US social security payments. She has recently been admitted to a long-term care facility and vacated her premises. I would like to register a change of address for her and have her correspondence sent to my home mailing address. I need to know what documentation Social Security requires to make this happen and where I have to send it once I have it all on hand.
Richard ****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Social Security Administration does not recognize Power of Attorney. If you want to act on her behalf, you must complete an application to be appointed her Representative. If your application is approved, then you can establish online account with Social Security Administration or contact Social Security Administration to make the changes. Click on the link below for Appointment of Representative form:

Related Social Security Questions