Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My question is son who is on Disability, W. Rieke - SS.

Customer Question
My question is for my...
My question is for my son who is on Disability, Mark W. Rieke - SS.###-##-####
Q: He is working at Walmart and his income is close to the maximum he is allowed to earn. This month he got a $1 per hour raise and an employee bonus based on the stores profit.
I provide his transportation to and from work - and other transportation he needs since he cannot drive.
He has lost jobs in the past when management changes and a new person requires him to do things he cannot do. I'm concerned this could happen again - but of course I never know until it happens. I hate to see him lose his S.S. Disability benefit - and then maybe lose his job. This would leave him in a very difficult situation.
Can his disability benefit be lowered, by a percentage, according to his earnings - like I think is the case with Supplemental Security? This would be a much situation than losing his disability benefit which is my understanding of what will happen if he exceeds the maximum allowed income.
Thanks ***** (Mark's father)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
3/7/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon Wallace,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your son's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Unlike an early retirement benefit or SSI that is proportionally decreased if you earn too much money, a social security disability benefit is simply ended if the person earns too much money.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Good afternoon Wallace,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug