Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am paying Prescription Drug Premiums directly to AARP

Customer Question
I am paying for Medicare...
I am paying for Medicare Prescription Drug Premiums directly to AARP United Health Care and on my Social Security Benefit Statement I was also charged for Part D Medicare Prescription Drug Premium in the amount of $381.60. Why am I paying twice for the prescription program? Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
3/7/2016
Social Security Expert: PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law

You need to contact AARP customer service. They should be able straighten out the issue. You should not be paying double for the same coverage. With AARP, make sure that you request that your call be transferred to a supervisor. Also, make sure to get the names of the persons that you spoke to there at AARP.