How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13549
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I know if I am getting the maximum SS payment now

Customer Question

How do I know if I am getting the maximum SS payment now that I have been retired since 2098 and continued working while drawing benefits until 2011
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

It may help you to know that the SSA automatic procedure is to review all reportings from IRS to the SSA to see if you worked. It then recalculates the new benefit for the new year for all who did work. Note that for a recalculation to change your benefit amount, the income must fall into the top 35 years of income - booting out an earlier top 35 year by being bigger. That way, when the lifetime average monthly earnings figure can grow, even if minutely, and your benefit amount accordingly.

That said, you can double check that the IRS is actually reporting your income to the SSA properly! If you go to htp://

and create a passworded account for yourself, you can download your annual SS earnings statement and double check these later years, to make sure they are showing up.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gottenanything less, please reply back, I amhappy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!