Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

How do I know if I am getting the maximum SS payment now

Customer Question

How do I know if I am getting the maximum SS payment now that I have been retired since 2098 and continued working while drawing benefits until 2011
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

It may help you to know that the SSA automatic procedure is to review all reportings from IRS to the SSA to see if you worked. It then recalculates the new benefit for the new year for all who did work. Note that for a recalculation to change your benefit amount, the income must fall into the top 35 years of income - booting out an earlier top 35 year by being bigger. That way, when the lifetime average monthly earnings figure can grow, even if minutely, and your benefit amount accordingly.

That said, you can double check that the IRS is actually reporting your income to the SSA properly! If you go to htp://ssa.gov/myaccount

and create a passworded account for yourself, you can download your annual SS earnings statement and double check these later years, to make sure they are showing up.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gottenanything less, please reply back, I amhappy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!