How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently recieve Ssi benefits I was wondering what

Customer Question

Hi I currently recieve Ssi benefits for disability I was wondering what information I might need in order to change my bank info to get my funds deposited into a different bank account? Also I have an Ssi login but when I log in it won't show my current account bank info including my current bank account number and I can't change it online I have a payee who has been misusing my funds I contacted Ssi they wouldn't do anything they told me I need the current account number is ***** a possible way to recieve this information before tomorrow?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question - unfortunately, they cannot give you the bank account number and if you have a payee, they will need to be the one to change the bank account. There is an online fraud form you can file - the agents on the phone at social security really can't do much. However, if your funds are being misused and you have proof, fill out this form -- the inspector general will look into it. It won't be immediate -- they government does work slow. Just stay tenacious and they will make sure everything is taken care of for you.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.