How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My social security payments were reduced due to an increased

Customer Question

My social security payments were reduced due to an increased adjusted gross income increase in 2014.
the reason for the increase of income was a owner held first mortgage that went unpaid and had to be foreclosed on with a huge loss to me.
A deed in lieu of foreclosure was just signed and I finally got the property back. Is their any way I can show all my documentation and receive the full payments of social security that were taken away from me??
The reduced payments started on 1/1/15 and are still being continued.
My name is
Bernard *. ****
ssn **********
email *******@*****.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Bernard,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. How does one suffer a huge loss and still show an increase in AGI related to the same incident?

2. Woo foreclosed on a first mortgage?

3. How are you related to all of this?

4. Are you under 66 and receiving an early retirement benefit or an early survivor benefit?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have visited the social security office and had all my questions answered.
I did not use your services and wish to have my charges returned to me. Also if I am in any sort of monthly plan I want it cancelled.
bernard *****