Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need 2015 and 2016 Social Benefit Statements. F.Tweed I am…

Customer Question
I need 2015 and 2016...
I need 2015 and 2016 Social Benefit Statements.
John F.Tweed I am 91 and trying to do my 1040 income tax. ###-##-####
Phone: (###) ###-####
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
3/4/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon John,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I presume that you referring to the Form SSA-1099, which is necessary to do your taxes. If so, and you have not received it yet, it may have been lost in the mail.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement formSSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, Social Security has a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily:
1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab.

2. Or, you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and request a replacement document.

3. Finally, if you prefer face to face transactions, you may contact your local Social Security office and they will process the request for you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug