Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
3/3/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon Reba,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. I'm not sure what you are asking for. Are you asking how to go about getting a replacement SSA-1099 for tax purposes? If not, how can I assist you?

Doug

Hi Reba,

Answering your question would have been easier if you would have responded to my information request. However, I will try to answer you without clarification from you.

I am left to presume that you referring to the Form SSA-1099, which is necessary to do your taxes. If so, and you have not received it yet, it may have been lost in the mail.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement formSSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, Social Security has a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily:
1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents"tab.

2. Or, you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****),Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and request a replacement document.

3. Finally, if you prefer face to face transactions, you may contact your local Social Security office and they will process the request for you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug