Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I would like to know if I need to get an appointment to talk…

Customer Question
Hi I would like...
Hi I would like to know if I need to get an appointment to talk to a customer service Rep regarding my Section A, and if yes what is the time frame to fill this section out. I am 65 as of Nov. 2015 and I do not want to pay any penalties. Please send to my e-mail***@******.***.
Thank you,
Norma
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
3/3/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon Norma,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Medicare part A is free once you reach age 65 and there is no penalty associated with Part A. There is a Part B penalty possible if you do not apply for it in a timely manner though. Is that what you are referring to?

2. Have you applied for Part A Medicare yet?

Thanks in advance,

Doug