Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Can social security be siezed payment

Customer Question
can social security be siezed...
can social security be siezed for debt payment
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
3/2/2016
Social Security Expert: PDtax, CPA firm owner replied 2 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. I'll assist.

IRS can levy social security, up to 15%, before the payment goes out. Other creditors don't have that luxury.

Once the funds come to you, that protection has to be defended. Creditors can levy on your bank account, including credit cards, car loans, state tax collectors and other such creditors. Your state might give you rights to protect your bank account.

There are two levels of pursuit of social security, and I wanted to outline the collection difference. Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.