How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13543
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a fee service? Also can you send me an e-mail with

Customer Question

is there a fee for this service? Also can you send me an e-mail with your answer if we proceed that I can take to Court. I am due in divorce Court next Thursday and there is a HUGE issue regarding my social security disability that I have been receiving and my husband who will be 67 this month and begin taking his benefits... thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we went to an early settlement panel and they recommended that I give up my social security benefits which are $74.00 short of 50% of my husbands when he retires this year......and take 50% of my husband's social security benefit. I said I had to check with SS first before agreeing....I asked and I was told that since I am already receiving disability benefits since 2007 and will be 66 in June I will go off disability and on regular social security with no change in the amount of my benefits. They also told me in no uncertain terms four times that I can not give up my benefits and take 50% of my lawyer and his lawyer does not believe me..They want a statute from SS and of course SS will not give me one....SS says that I am only entitled to apply for an additional $74.00 of my husband's benefit and that when he retires he will receive his full max benefit which has nothing to do with me. I need something in writing to show the lawyer and printer is not working so I need an e-mail I can forward to my attorney...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am I going to get an answer this morning or not as I would like to go to is 1 am where I said BYRON WAS WORKING ON IT..CAN YOU TEXT ME AT ***-***-**** WHEN YOU HAVE AN ANSWER..THANKS ***** DOWN FOR THE NITE........THANKS...
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Yes, there is not a free site. Please let me know if you wish to discuss the above. If so, I will check back with you.

In the meantime, who is "they" when you say "They also told me in no uncertain terms four times that I can not give up my benefits and take 50% of my husbands...."

When where the 4 times they told you this (approx dates)?

Also, when did your husband start his benefits?

What EXACTLY are you trying to prove to the judge? That you won't be allowed the spousal benefit amount?

I realize you need private email due to printer problems. Private email is akin to a private attorney consultation, but I am happy to offer it as an "additional service" to this - at your option of course, since it does cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the 68.00 thanks...please refund my $39.00 thank you......
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

I don't charge or collect any fee, so please click on your customer service link of the company site you are using, and I am sure they will happily refund you. Good luck with all!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.