Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have been receiving SS benefits 20 years based on my own…

Customer Question
I have been receiving SS...
I have been receiving SS benefits for over 20 years based on my own earnings..My husband just passed away.A much lesser sum seems to have been deposited.Why?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
I have never used your service,there seems to be someone using my e-mail address. Please clarifiy.
3/1/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What do you mean a much lesser sum is being deposited? Are you saying that your own benefit has been lowered---or just that the benefit that used to be paid o your husband has stopped?

2. Between you and your husband, which of you received the greater monthly benefit?

Doug

Do you still need help?

In order for me to assist you I need to to your respond to my earlier request for additional information.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Doug