How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 68 dob3/11/1947 and my wife is 64 dob 9/25/1951. I have

Customer Question

I am 68 dob3/11/1947 and my wife is 64 dob 9/25/1951. I have been on SS since age 66. My 64 yr old wife has not yet claimed SS but is eligible under her own work history and as my spouse but under either one at a reduced benefit because she is not yet 66. Under her own work record she would be eligible for about $1,500. per month at 66 and under spousal benefit, about $1,200. My question is ...Can she collect reduced SS under spousal coverage at this time and convert full work record amount at age 66. Also, please let me know if she would be eligible for my benefit as a spouse when I die? Please let me know. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.