Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I have not been holding out of my ss check. This is causing

Customer Question

I have not been holding out of my ss check for taxes. This is causing an undue tax burden in April. How do I start having withholding out of my monthly check ?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, you will want to fill out THIS form, and provide it to your local SSA office. You can pick the % you want withheld, up to 25%.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/Form-W-4V,-Voluntary-Withholding-Request-1

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!