Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

The social security office in forth took my old card and

Customer Question
the social security office in...
the social security office in forth smith took my old card and said I would get a new one in about fourteen days and its been about thirty three days can you tell me when I might get my new card I keep calling the fort smith office and leaving messages but no one returnes my calls
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/29/2016
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 1 year ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Actually, we can't tell you that & the Fort Smith office has most likely ordered it & it just hasn't been processed yet.

If I were you, I'd go online at SocialSecurity.gov & order another one. It's not a problem to have another duplicate.

Here's a link to do just that.

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do

Click on the first item on the list.

You have to open an account with Social Security if you don't have on already

Then you can choose to ask for a duplicate card.

That's the safest way to make sure you get another card.

keeperumiami
keeperumiami