How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16580
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was on SSDI and now they say I am on regular social

Customer Question

I was on SSDI and now they say I am on regular social security. Iam 55 yrs old, sold my condo last year and bought a mobil home that I am now living in I put the extra money in CD's to use as they mature to fix up my home. My question is I took a 40,000. loss on my condo but want to know do I need to file taxes? So far I haven't had to due to my low income. ~Shelly~
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question - if you are selling your private home, and not an investment property - you do not have to file a tax return. You do not have to pay tax on the sale of your home.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.