How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm not in the state of maa, My husband is going to get our

Customer Question

I'm not in the state of maa
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My husband is going to get our taxes done but he can't seem to find myW-2s
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: is there a way to get a copy of them
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question -- if you have lost your W-2 forms, you have a couple of options. The first thing is that your employer would be the quickest means to get resolution, and I do realize that they would not be open today.

Otherwise, you could use your last pay stub of the year, as that information should match the W-2.

Your third option is to file an extension on your taxes, and then get a W-2 transcript from the IRS in July which will have your 2015 data on it. It's not uploaded and available until that part of the year.

If you're on social security, and you need your 1099-SSA, you can print that online immediately by creating an account at

I mention social security only because that's the category that this question was posted to. A W-2 comes from an employer, but if you're needing your social security tax statement, use the above link

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.