Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How do i find out if my sscheck will arrive a tmy new bank…

Customer Question
how do i find out...
how do i find out if my sscheck will arrive a tmy new bank on the 3 of march
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
2/26/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon Mary,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. When did you notify social security of the new bank to make the deposit to?

2. How did you notify social security of the new bank?

Doug

DOOUG, I CALLED SS THE FIRST OF THE MONTH OF FEB AND THE GUY I ASK IF HE WANTED DMY NEW TRACKING AND ACCOUNT NUMBER AND HE SAID NO I DO NOT NEED THEM AND THEN I ASK IF HE NEEDED THE ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBER OF THE BANK AND HE SAID NO.I THOUGH T THOSE WHERE SOME PRETTY SLIM ANSWERS BUT THOUGHT HE SOULD KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING AND IF THIS CHECK IS NOT PUT IN MY NEW BANK BY MARCH 3 I WILL BE IN A REAL PICKLE. OR MESS. THANK YOU MARY

Hi Mary,

This IS a new bank right? And you are getting your benefit deposited to a different bank up til now?

Doug