How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work parents,they reported my wages wrong now my daughters

Customer Question

I work for my parents,they reported my wages wrong now my daughters ssi check is gone what should I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Well, if your employer, be they parents or not, incorrcectly reported your income, ie. inaccurately, they need to correct it. They are legally obligated to do so and you have avenues with your State if they do not. Like with any employer, if they report incorrectly, be it over or under what truly was the income, both scenarios can hurt us unfairly. So your main avenue, as I see it, is getting them to correct their reporting, which they can do.