Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Social Security owes the American Public money. How do I get…

Customer Question
Social Security owes the...

Social Security owes the American Public money. How do I get what is owed to me?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.

Thank you for your help!

Accountant's Assistant: Are you ready to speak with the Retirement Accountant now?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
2/25/2016
Social Security Expert: Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant replied 2 years ago
Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I can help. The courts have long ruled that individuals' do not have any ownership interest in Social Security, so any future payments made out of Social Security are at the discretion of a future Congress, which may lower or reduce benefits as it sees fit. Social Security taken out of wages are "taxes" not "contributions" to a retirement plan.

Are you asking how you would qualify to start receiving benefits?