How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask keeperumiami Your Own Question
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 7092
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
keeperumiami is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Bernstein A.K.A. Crockett, My question about if I can claim

Customer Question

Hello..My name is***** A.K.A. Crockett, My question about if I can claim my I don't know how many times of my great grandfather Davy Crockett (The Alamo) who died there and he was senator and also he was a hero soldier for our country in 1800's and I wonder if I can claim his Social Security benefits since no one else to claim ever since he died..Please check his record if I can file the benefits from his status?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.


The number of credits needed to provide benefits for survivors depends on the worker's age when he or she dies. The younger a person is, the fewer credits he or she must have for family members to receive survivors benefits. But no one needs more than 40 credits (10 years of work) to be eligible for any Social Security benefit.

No benefits can be paid if you do not have enough credits.

That record you requested info on has no credits.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Robin..I don't think you understood my question..I am not talking about my employment record, but I am talking about my great great great great great Grandfather the famous Alamo Mr. Davy Crockett who died there during the war and also he was senator too but I needed to know if I can claim his benefits since I am living on SSDI which I earn really hard life small amount of dollars per month..If I can get an extra money from his benefits on Davy Crockett's record????...Thanks
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

I know who you meant and the record you hoped to use.

The person you asked about has no credits for survivors to receive any money on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Robin D., I am waiting for your answer to my question about the Death in the military law called "The Alamo" war in 1800's....Thanks again for your helpful and I will click the number of Stars..after all, I learn and see what you are going to say..Good night..
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

I was waiting for a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why should I credit you?...You have not done with my qeustions and or papaerworks?...I can not vote the star or your credit from me..No way..You earn more money if they credit you...Forget it..You just wanted to play with my mind..Thanks
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 1 year ago.

I think what Robin was trying to tell you was that there was no Social Security System in the days of the Alamo.

However there was a little known system called the "Texas Star Service Military Rifle Retirement Fund" (TSSMRRF); perhaps if you are a line decedent of a retirement eligible participant in the "Texas Military Battles Brigadier Brigade" you may qualify for a survivor's benefit as long as you can prove that you are a direct lineal decedent of Mr. Crockett.

As far as I know administrative responsibility for administration of the fund has been undertaken by Mr. Samuel Clemens, Assistant Secretary of Military Affairs, Texas Department of Military Retirement Fund, 1 Austin Central Square; Building A - Annex R, Austin, Texas,###-##-####/p>

Let me know how you make out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You know that I am hearing impaired..I could not hear the phone so please give me another month so I will think about how to reach you a different method of contacting with you..%2.00 dollars that I don't have that kind of money becasue my income is not enough of taking care of my needs..Wait til next month so I will find a way to call you..text message would be the best way to discuss with you or if you could know what is the best for both of us to discuss..???...Thanks
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry this would not be the best service for you as that personal information can't be exchanged here with a premium service which will cost way too much on a limited budget; I don't want to take your money. There's no Social Security available & if you are collecting Social Security Disability, that's way more than you can get anywhere else.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You gave me a wrong address for the Military status of different reasons..not just reitrement fund..I only needed to know if there are vary of the military death during the war...Thanks, ***** ***** A.K.A. Crockett, related to the late Davy Crockett who died in war during the Alamo history..Thanks again..
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 1 year ago.

There's no Social Security credits available as the Social Security program was not in existence when the original Davey Crockett was fighting in the Alamo. That must have been an old address; I have nothing else on this;