Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My husband died 7 July 2014 & SSAN has denied me s SSAN, he…

Customer Question
My husband died 7 July...
My husband died 7 July 2014 & SSAN has denied me his SSAN, he worked two full time
jobs for 29 years, (Postal Carrier & Manager of Drug Store) I was Govt worker under
CSRS System (I did not pay into SSAN) which has nothing to do as to why I cannot
receive his, I asked SSAN where his SSAN money was going & they said to the General Fund. This has me to upset, as he worked hard in these two jobs most of his life & has
nothing to show for it, what action can be taken?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
2/23/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon Betty,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you receiving a CSRS pension? If so, how much is it a month?

2. Why do you believe that your CSRS pension has nothing to do with you being eligible for a survivor benefit from social security?

3. How much social security benefit was your husband receiving at his passing?

Thanks in advance,

Doug