Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Dear, SSI, I, E.K.W. 50764**** received my form SSA-1099…

Customer Question
Dear, SSI, I, E.K.W...
Dear, SSI, I, E.K.W. 50764**** received my form SSA-1099 information on about Feb. 15, 2016. My wife has not received her's. Can you send a replacement, J.A.W. 5085*****
My E-mail ******@comcast.net, **** No******e ***, Longview, WA *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
2/23/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good evening Elmer,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The Form SSA-1099s necessary to do your taxes. If you or your wife have not received it yet, it may have been lost in the mail.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, Social Security has a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily:

1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab.

2. Or, you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and request a replacement document.

3. Finally, if you prefer face to face transactions, you may contact your local Social Security office and they will process the request for you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug