How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16580
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am age of and have been collecting about $540/month from

Customer Question

I am age of 69 and have been collecting about $540/month from S.S., about 4-5 years. Is there any way I may increase my S.S. payment?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you today.

Your benefits are based on your earnings -- or the earnings of your spouse -- after you are already drawing, there's no real way to increase your benefit. However, you can always contact your local department of human services to see if you qualify for anything such as HUD, SNAP (food stamps) or utility assistance. Although these are not cash benefits, they lower your bills and help you make ends meet.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.