LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I would like to request an federal and state withholding

Customer Question

I would like to request an federal and state withholding from my SSI check each month. This is the first year i have drawn SSI and i have ended up having to pay in Income tax.
I would like to withhold $160 federal and $40 state of missouri. I would like to have this done as soon as the computer allows.
Thank you very much.
Tonwya R Walker *****
Mount Vernon, Missouri###-##-####
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Tonwya,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

In order to set up withholding from your social security benefit payment, you can simply fill out a form and send it in to social security. You will need to determine whether you want them to withhold either7%, 10%, 15% or 25% from your benefit payment.

You can find the form---Voluntary Withholding Request---- here:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4v.pdf

Or you may call 1-***-***-**** and request the form. Or, you may go to your local Social Security office and do it there as well.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug