How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29575
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband was getting 1700.00 dollars a month. This month

Customer Question

My husband was getting 1700.00 dollars a month. This month it changed to 1445.00, and we don't know why. His social security number is *********. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

Please be aware that information you posted is available for general public - do not post any personal information or information you want to consider as private.

There might be several reasons - I just will mention some possibilities.

- an increase in income can result in higher Medicare Part B premiums 2 years after that year- premiums for Medicare Part D (drugs plan) are also based on income and may rise.

Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

- There are five Medicare premium brackets - see here

If you had a major life-changing event and your income has gone down, you may use this form to request a reduction in your income-related monthly adjustment amount.

Prepare this application and mail it to the SSA.

Please let me know if that answered your question?


I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.