How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently retired on Spousal Benefits, I live in

Customer Question

I am currently retired on Spousal Benefits, I live in Arizona, but will be moving back to Ohio in June.My question is :Will this have any impact on my collecting Social Security ? Do I just inform SSA of my new address,or what must done?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

No, this will not impact your benefits unless you are receiving a paper check (this might delay your payment if the check is sent to the wrong address). You can change your address by either creating a my Social Security account online or logging into your already existing account and change it via the My Profile Tab on "my Social Security". You can also call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****) if you have problems and change it over the phone (the 800 number tends to have pretty long wait times). You can can also contact your local Social Security branch and set up an appointment. In addition, you can decide when your change of address will take effect.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?