How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are there attorneys who are specialists with Social Security

Customer Question

Are there attorneys who are specialists with Social Security issues (NOT disability ones) and how do I locate one in California
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. I have a suggestion.

One of our experts, Stephanie Joy, is a practicing social security attorney. She may be able to help directly, or certainly be able to assist.

I'll opt out, and send her a message to assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply. Note that it is true that most of us limit ourselves to disability clients, since they are the most in need often times, and the ones that the SSA has created a system where a lawyer can actually get paid for helping - ergo he can offer that service as part of his practice and livelihood. However, I also do SS retirement consulting (non-representation, usually) on a regular basis. If you tell me what your issue is, I can tell you if I have information that may be helpful, or, if I think it is the type of issue that can be 'fought' - or I'll just tell you if I believe otherwise, OK?

I am retiring shortly, but I'll check back tomorrow.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

I will add that SS is federal, not CA law, so a CA attorney can't be of assistance unless she/he practices federal SS. It is not state specific, generally.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I appreciate your information and will talk with my husband who is trying to help his mother with her somewhat complicated problem and follow up tomorrow (Wednesday).
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

You bet.