How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13565
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked at 4 places in my years of work & the SSI says that

Customer Question

I worked at 4 places in my years of work & the SSI says that I only have 38 quarters instead 40. They never said Woolworths when I filed as one of the places I work. I had to stop working because of cancer. I know that doesn't mean anything but I am now 62 & don't know what happened. Can you help me in any way to solve this? I thought I was going to get it to help my husband because he has to work many more years before he can retire because of all of this. If you can be of any help please let me know. Thank You
Patrice Lyons
2442 Fessler Buxton Rd
Russia, OH 45363###-##-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

OK, first, you will want to get your tax returns that show the W2 for Woolworths, to prove you earned there - that may pop in any missing credits from that time frame, if you didn't otherwise have 4 credits for that particular year.

If you are unable to prove that you had legitimately more earnings to substantiate the 2 missing credits, the easiest solution would be for you to earn 2 more credits. You can do it right now, this quarter or year, but earning $1220 GROSS, x 2. So if you got a full time or part time job and earned 2440, and paid the taxes on that gross amount (SS taxes and Medicare taxes, also referred to has FICA), you will be automatically 'insured' for retirement. This could be an simple summer job doing something you enjoy... or not. But, you are SO close to having enough credits, you owe it to yourself to get them. And if you can't produce the Wool worths proof this is your best bet

Now, as an aside remember that you are also likely eligible for spousal benefit on your husband's work record, either now or in the future. If you want to review your particulars with regard to that, and the possibilities of him filing/suspending and triggering your right to benefits (spousal), we can do that. I will ask that an "additional services" offer be made to you - at your option, for later discussion if you wish.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!