Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Years my social security benefit was deposited, on the 3rd…

Customer Question
For many years my social...
For many years my social security benefit was deposited, on the 3rd of the month, to my checking account in the amount of $526.90.
Without any notice of change or explanation, on December 31, 2015 the deposit was reduced to $396.70 for the January benefit. on Feb. 3, 2016 the deposit again was in the amount of $396.70.
Who or how do I make a contact to learn the reason for this reduced benefit?
DOROTHY M HODSON ###-##-####B *****
Hillsboro, OH 45133
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
2/16/2016
Social Security Expert: PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law

You need to contact your local office of Social Security Administration to find out exactly why the reduction was made and why you did not receive a notice. Click on the link below for contact information:

https://www.ssa.gov/agency/contact/