Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Here ,I am going to start drawing to start my benefits in…

Customer Question
Here ,I am going...

Here ,I am going to start drawing to start my benefits in May ( 65 on May 27) my last day is March 31 2016 would it be better to say my last day is April first and are there any situations that SS may not tell me about Medicare

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have heard I should not go to the Doctor for at least 2 months after I start Medicare I have a supplement plan that starts May first as well.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/15/2016
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security & Medicare, estate, corporate & tax advice since 1986.

Hi, I can help here!

...

Here's the way this works (as you can it all depends on what month you sign up ... as it relates to when you TURN 65)

...

If you sign up in this month:.............Your coverage starts:

The month you turn 65.....................1 month after you sign up

1 month after you turn 65.................2 months after you sign up

2 months after you turn 65................3 months after you sign up

3 months after you turn 65................3 months after you sign up

During the 1/1 - 3/1 Enrollment .........July 1

You can find these rules at the bottom of this page, at Medicare.gov: https://www.medicare.gov/sign-up-change-plans/get-parts-a-and-b/when-coverage-starts/when-coverage-starts.html

...

I sincerely ***** ***** has helped!

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, I'd really appreciate a positive rating (using that rating request or the stars on your screen)

...

That's the only way I'll be credited for the work here.

...

Thank you!

Lane

.