How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Bettie, with the new law. My question is I will be 65 this

Customer Question

Bettie Brown, with the new law for SS. My question is I will be 65 this year started taking SS at 62. My spouse is 60 this year. Could I withdraw his benefits now to have more money and our pockets, and when he becomes of age can he correct my benefits.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What more you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Social Security Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question --

As you drew your benefit before full retirement age, you would be unable to change the nature of your benefit. If you draw prior to your full retirement age, social security automatically pays you the largest benefit available to you - either 32.5% of his benefit, or 75% of your full retirement age benefit.

In your situation, I am so sorry but there is nothing you can do to get more monthly benefits.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.