Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My mother is 93 years old and is in a nursing home with

Customer Question
dementia. She is unable to...
My mother is 93 years old and is in a nursing home with dementia. She is unable to talk due to a stroke. She has never had a decrease in her benefits since she started receiving social security at 65. This month, Feb 2016, her deposit was short $315 from her regular amount of $1685 she has been getting each month. As of this date we have received no notice from social security. We live in Texas.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
2/13/2016
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 2 years ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney

Hi, can you clarify:

1) Who is paying the nursing home (i.e. does your mom pay out of pocket? Does Medicaid pay?)

2) How long has your mom been in the nursing home?

3) Do you know what your mom's ball park income was in 2014?

Urgent!

Hello again. It is period end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receive credit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

Stephanie O. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional