How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a male and will be 60 on 2/26. On 02/02/2015 I went to

Customer Question

I am a male and will be 60 on 2/26. On 02/02/2015 I went to the ER with a bad groin pain. I was misdiagnosed until 06/10/2015. I had double inguinal hernias and a cyst on my liver 19cmx14cmx16cm. I had the hernia surgery on 6/25 and the cyst drained on 7/27. The cyst kept growing and on 12/29 the right lobe of my liver was removed. Walmart decided to treat me like family and (after 10 years) made it imposible to return to my job. I am having a hard time recovering from the last surgery and my doctor suggested that I look into some sort of retirement. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

How old are you? Are you considered disabled enough to file for disability?

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

As long as you are eligible for SS retirement through your work history (you need 40 credits which is about 10 years of work). You can file for your normal retirement benefit at age 62 (you will incur an early retirement penalty). At full retirement you will have no penalty (age 66 in 2016). You can also file for SSDI (disability) if you qualify and cannot work. You can do this at any age and it might be your best best, ***** ***** also apply for Supplemental benefits (SSI) but you need to qualify and can only have assets of $2000 or less filing single and $3,000 filing as a couple. These are your options through SS at this point.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in,do you have any further questions?

Related Social Security Questions