Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My wife is on my social right now getting one half of mine…

Customer Question
my wife is on my...
my wife is on my social right now getting one half of mine She turns 70 in four,then months . should she apply for her social security at that time. and how will it effect her half of mine
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
2/11/2016
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 2 years ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney

Just to clarify,

Your wife is 70 in 14 more months? So she is 68 presently?

She is collecting a spousal benefit, but not her own?

When did she start collecting a SS benefit (what age?)

How much is she collecting as a spousal?

How much is her own?

Urgent!

Hello again. It is period end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receive credit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

Stephanie O. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional

Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq