How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to change my husbands direct bank deposit to s new

Customer Question

I need to change my husbands direct bank deposit to his new bank. He is an alzheimers patient and cannot do this himself. he also has a change of address to register.
his name is***** Jr, dob 10-15-37, ssn###-##-####
HIS FORMER ADDRESS WAS***** Belford nj 07718
MY NAME IS***** (WIFE) EMAIL***@******.***
MY PHONE IS(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

You should be able change the direct deposit and the address online with your husband's information if you are his spouse (you would sign up for a "my social security account" online or log into the account if he already has one). If you do not feel comfortable doing this without the appropriate legal authority, then you will need to get guardianship of your husband or invoke a power of attorney (POA) (that is if your husband drafted one before his incapacity). At that point you as the guardian or POA can set this up in his name or simply call social security and provide the documentation. We cannot set this up for you through this site as this site is informational only and you will have to do this through Social Security.

You can create a my Social Security account for your husband and change his Direct Deposit online.

Or call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****). You can also call your local Social Security branch.

See link:

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?