Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Megan My Wife works and wants to enroll me into her health…

Customer Question
Hi Megan My Wife works for...
Hi Megan
My Wife works for Kaiser and wants to enroll me into her health plan.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
How do I disenroll from Medicare Plan B without any penalties & enroll into her health plan?
They told me to send a written statement to Social Security, Western Program Service Center, P.O. Box 2000, Richmond, CA. 94802, so I decided to look the center up and this is how I got to you. Are we on the right track?
Are you still there?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello
Megan where did you go? I paid for a service and I'm not getting anything, what's the deal here? Nobody is talking or responding to me. I'm not very happy right now.
2/10/2016
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi - Megan is not responding ... and I haven't seen her her for quite some time

...

I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial & tax advice since 1986.

I can help here

...

You DO, in deed, send the written statement to Social Security to un-enroll.

...

Given the very high volume of work there ... AND the fact that we've seen furloughs and other cutbacks in the bloated government systems (needed, but right now creating adjustments ... "shrinking pains") the processing has been VERY slow.

...

I would be sure (1) to request an EFFECTIVE DATE of the date you enrolled in your wife's plan (2) be sure that the plan DOES cover the part B services and (3) MOST IMPORTANT, send this as a certified letter, so that you have proof/documentation that the letter was received.

...

Please let me know if you have questions

...

I sincerely ***** ***** has helped!

...

Please let me know if you still have ANY questions at all.

...

If this HAS given you enough info, I'd really appreciate a positive rating (using that rating request or the stars on your screen)

...

That's the only way I'll be credited for the work here.

...

Thank you!

Lane

.

No I'm not paying anymore money, this is ridiculous. I just want an answer to my question, which I paid for already. :>(

I DID answer your question

.

(1)Yes the written statement IS the right process

...

(2) sending certified is a best practice, and

...

(3) make sure that you SHOULD drop, because in SOME plans medicare is still the primary carrier

...

Thorough and accurate ... Help me understand how I did not answer that question

As you were saying that I was adding one more piece that may be valuable:

...

If your wife's company has less than 20 employees then it's usually normal NOT to un-enroll ... becausee, as I mentioned earlier, medicare can still be the primary carrier on part B services and then the company plan picks up costs above what Medicare can pay

...

But other than that, the answer is simply YES, you're on the right track and I would SEND that letter via certified mail

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS