Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I apply Security on line. I was sent a letter with a number…

Customer Question
I apply for Social Security...
I apply for Social Security on line. I was sent a letter with a number that was supposed to give me access to check the status of my account. I lost the letter so I can't check my progress of my account. What should I do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
2/3/2016
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 2 years ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney

Is this for retirement?

OK, I would NOT worry about this lack of access. This is because all it really is is a notation of "being processed" or similar language, until after you are approved and then of course getting checks. Your lack of access will not change the processing of your payments. That said, if you don't get your check the month you expect it, that is the time to make a visit to your local SSA office. However, the SSA is pretty good at sending out SSR checks and getting those processed properly.

I would definitely NOT redo the online application, as it may impede your original application and require a trip the SSA office you would otherwise not need.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Urgent!

Hello again. Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because it is the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receive credit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

Stephanie O. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional