How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19659
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm, single, female, grandparent, currently on Soc.Sec. &

Customer Question

I'm 69, single, female, grandparent, currently on Soc.Sec. & Medicare. In regard to the new Bill HR1314 that goes into effect on May 1, 2016.....what do I need to do before then to be grandfathered in, to be sure I can collect all the Soc. Sec. benefits that I am entitled to and have paid into for 40 years? Are there forms to fill out? Letters or phone calls I need to make? Where do I start?
Jane Burroughs
Stevens Point, Wis. 54481 ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

The new law does not affect you.

There is nothing for you to do.

The new law deals with filing and suspending your benefits and letting your spouse file for benefits. The other rule deals with electing to file for spousal support only and waiting until age 70 to file for your benefits.