Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I wonder How can I get another copy of my letter of

Customer Question
Hi! My name is***** and I...
Hi!
My name is***** and I wonder How can I get another copy of my letter of disability? Do it cost anything to get it? Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/2/2016
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

If you need proof you get Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security (SSI) Income or Medicare, you can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account. This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account, or you need a letter for someone other than yourself, you can call the SSA at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

You may also visit a local SSA office - let me know if you need help in finding locations.

.

Another way is to obtain your doctor statement

See following publication - last page - Physician's Statement

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040sr.pdf

You may print the statement and ask your doctor to sign.

.
I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.