Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

When I retired at 65 & 3months, I was told I would receive x…

Customer Question
when I retired at 65...
when I retired at 65 & 3months, I was told I would receive x number of dollars per month. will this change when I reach full retirement at 66 ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
2/1/2016
Social Security Expert: Christopher B, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Christopher B, Esq.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

No, when you elect to take early retirement, your benefit is the same as when you elect to take it from then on. The only exception is, if you decide to suspend your benefits at age 66 and get credits from ages 66-70 (your benefits will stop during this time) and you will gain approximately 8% increase in your benefit per year.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Just checking back in, did you have any further questions?