How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know if there is a way I can find out if my

Customer Question

I would like to know if there is a way I can find out if my son's mother is claiming disability benefits for my minor son. If she is, I believe it to be under false pretenses. If you could please contact me at your earliest convenience I would greatly appreciate it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Because of privacy laws, social security cannot disclose the financial disbursements of other people - however, you can send a report to the OIG (officer of inspector general) and they will investigate. They do take this seriously.

That is the link to the form you will need to fill out -- someone from social security will contact you for more information if they so need that.

Thanks for doing your part to ensure that government funds are used appropriately. Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.