Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I would like to know if there is a way I can find out if my…

Customer Question
I would like to know...
I would like to know if there is a way I can find out if my son's mother is claiming disability benefits for my minor son. If she is, I believe it to be under false pretenses. If you could please contact me at your earliest convenience I would greatly appreciate it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
1/31/2016
Social Security Expert: Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Because of privacy laws, social security cannot disclose the financial disbursements of other people - however, you can send a report to the OIG (officer of inspector general) and they will investigate. They do take this seriously.

https://www.socialsecurity.gov/fraudreport/oig/public_fraud_reporting/form.htm

That is the link to the form you will need to fill out -- someone from social security will contact you for more information if they so need that.

Thanks for doing your part to ensure that government funds are used appropriately. Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.