Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have been receiving early retirement benefits. I am now…

Customer Question
I have been receiving early...
I have been receiving early retirement benefits. I am now working and just received a letter stating I have been put back on SSI and received a medicaid card? Why was I switched to SSI?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
I was initially on SSI, then forced to early retirement when I turned 62, now working and just received notice I have been put back on SSI and received Medicaid card? Don"t understand?
1/29/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your dilemma. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I can only presume that a mistake has been made---unless between your social security and your work wages you are still earning less than about $1500 per month.

You need to immediately contact your local county SSI office to inform them of the likely error. For you to accept money and Medicaid at this point presuming that you are not eligible would constitute a crime.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

Thanks in advance,

Doug