Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Doing my taxes and i can't find the SS form i need to show…

Customer Question
doing my taxes and i...
doing my taxes and i can't find the SS form i need to show numbers from 2015, can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
1/28/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon Marjory,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You wrote: doing my taxes and i can't find the SS form i need to show numbers from 2015, can you help? That is probably because many people don't receive their SSA-1099 until the very end of January each year, or the first week in February. Social security doesn't send the tax forms out until late January.

Beginning Monday if you still don't have the tax document you can get it online. Let me explain.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, Social Security has a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily:
1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab.

2. Or, you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****),Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and request a replacement document.

3. Finally, if you prefer face to face transactions, you may contact your local Social Security office and they will process the request for you.

If you need this information immediately, and cannot wait a week to receive it,the only way that you can get it more quickly is to go to your local social security office and they can print out a copy of the benefits paid to you last year.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug