How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I applied Part "" on January 2nd, 2016 and have not yet

Customer Question

I applied for Medicare Part "B" on January 2nd, 2016 and have not yet received my card. When I spoke to my local office yesterday, they told me they have no record of it. I am now being penalized by my former employer to pay penalty fees. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Once you get your card in, your employer should waive the fees. Call 1-***-***-**** and see if the national office has record of your application. If not, see what you need to do to apply. Social security and Medicare is not an expedited process as I am sure you are aware. Make sure you document all your calls.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.