How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2981
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to discontinue Federal Tax witholding

Customer Question

I want to discontinue Federal Tax witholding
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purpose only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

You can fill out this form for social security but this is only good for certain income with form W-4V:

You can also claim "exempt" status on your W-4 form to stop your federal income tax deduction. According to Form W-4 , you can claim exemption from withholding under the following circumstances: last year you were entitled to a refund of all your federal income tax withheld because you had no tax liability and this year you anticipate a full refund because you expect no tax liability. If you qualify for exempt status, complete Line 7 of the W-4 and submit to your employer.

Please let me know if you have nay further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.