How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do you do when there are no Attorneys in State handling

Customer Question

What do you do when there are no Attorneys in Washington State handling Questions with regard collecting Social Security (SSA)?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 1 year ago.

Social Security is a federal program so any lawyer can handle that matter. No need to be a Washington State lawyer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Jennifer said it would be an administrative appeal and if we need an attorney that is what we ask for, is that correct.
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 1 year ago.

Since Washington has its own disability program, the State of Washington Disability Determination Services determines eligibility for Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income, so if you are applying through that department you would want to get a Washington State attorney as the state may have specific rules and procedures unique to it.

States that do not offer a disability program apply directly to the SSA through one of its offices.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if I can clarify anything or answer any other questions.

Thanks, Jonathan