How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is being effected by WEP as he spent 8 years in the

Customer Question

My wife is being effected by WEP as he spent 8 years in the private sector and 17 years in the public sector. She retired last Nov 26 '15. She received 2 letters from the SSA, each reporting two different amounts of SS payments. What form can we use to challenge the SSA on the amounts? The only form I found was social security supplemental income and SVB payments The form is called REQUEST FOR RECONSIDERATION. By the way, she received no help from the local SS office. The person was obnoxious and rude.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The form that you will need to file to appeal the determination of your wife's benefits will be the Request for Considerations. Here is a link to the form:

If she is not satisfied with the Request for Reconsideration results, she can also file a request for a hearing by an Administrative Law Judge, followed by a Review by the Appeals Counsel and finally if all else fails, she may file suit in Federal Court seeking review.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,