Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My wife is being effected by WEP as he spent 8 years in the…

Customer Question
My wife is being effected...
My wife is being effected by WEP as he spent 8 years in the private sector and 17 years in the public sector. She retired last Nov 26 '15. She received 2 letters from the SSA, each reporting two different amounts of SS payments. What form can we use to challenge the SSA on the amounts? The only form I found was social security supplemental income and SVB payments The form is called REQUEST FOR RECONSIDERATION. By the way, she received no help from the local SS office. The person was obnoxious and rude.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
1/27/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The form that you will need to file to appeal the determination of your wife's benefits will be the Request for Considerations. Here is a link to the form: https://www.pdffiller.com/en/project/51699972.htm?form_id=6949245

If she is not satisfied with the Request for Reconsideration results, she can also file a request for a hearing by an Administrative Law Judge, followed by a Review by the Appeals Counsel and finally if all else fails, she may file suit in Federal Court seeking review.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug