LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I am 82, can I increase my benefit or take a lump sum?

Customer Question

I am 82 , can I increase my benefit or take a lump sum?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Barney,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The only way you could take a lump sum benefit is if you are not yet taking any social security benefit---which seems unlikely. As for increasing your benefit, the only way you can increase your benefit would be to work, earn income and pay additional social security taxes to the government.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

Thanks in advance,

Doug